[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Domain-specific processes not registering

Tihomir Surdilovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 12 13:52:26 EDT 2011

Tihomir Surdilovic [http://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: Domain-specific processes not registering"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/626097#626097

I assume here you are refering to  http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/DomainSpecificWorkItem.swf http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/DomainSpecificWorkItem.swf. Not sure why you think its added to a rule resource, maybe because of the .rf extension to the process file? As mentioned, this is an old video from the drools-flow era, and the file extension for processes was .rf (rule-flow). These files used a proprietary xml standard (similar but not same to jPDL in jBPM 3.x and 4.x). jBPM5 uses the BPMN2 standard as the default process definition language. However, the notion of being able to add "domain-specific" nodes into your business process is something that already existed in drools-flow, from which jBPM5 was born, and most of the same rules and configuration options (especially in eclipse env.) still apply. This chapter  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch13.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch13.html of the docs I belive explains well what a domain-specific extension is. Not many BPM engines AFAIK have this feature built in natively so it's a really nice thing to have.