[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Missing "J2EE Domains" node from web-console

Adam A R do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 13 06:03:31 EDT 2011

Adam A R [http://community.jboss.org/people/adam_ar] created the discussion

"Missing "J2EE Domains" node from web-console"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/626200#626200

Hi All,

I am trying to look into UAT, for server components, on JBoss AS 4.2.3. So I opened  http://uatserver:8080/web-console http://uatserver:8080/web-console.
The applet loads in the left panel with only "Monitoring" node under "JBoss Management Console".

I have a local deployment of JBoss AS 4.2 (basically community edition). And here the web-console applet shows additionally following:
1. System
2. J2EE Domains and
3. AOP

I need the J2EE Domains to see the UAT deployment an analyze further.

I compared configuration files from both setups, but couldnt find anything usefully different.
At this point I am thinking,
1. Either some component is not installed at all in the UAT environment
2. Or, some ACL is restricting the node from appearing in the applet of web-console.

Any insights and pointers will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adam