[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: StatefulKnowledgeSession signalEvent method

Geoff Pole do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 18 15:06:49 EDT 2011

Geoff Pole [http://community.jboss.org/people/instanceof] created the discussion

"Re: StatefulKnowledgeSession signalEvent method"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627079#627079

Hi,

In case this helps others.

I had this slightly backwards. It wasn't the second signal event call that was making the ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent run. Instead this query appears to run every time a process enters and 'End' node. Presumably it does this so that it can find any workflows that may be listening for an End event.

I don't know the reason why the ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent runs so slowly (Oracle 11g) when there are many workflow instances that are waiting for events, but I did find that by applying this index reduced the running time from around 45 seconds to under 1 second with 20000 workflow instances.

CREATE unique INDEX  idx_eventtypes_id_elem
   ON EventTypes (instanceid, element)

I tested this up to 100000 workflow instances and the query still runs sub second.

Cheers,

Geoff