[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jPBM 5.1, persistent processes get finished without regard to session

Miljenko Norsic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 19 10:08:06 EDT 2011

Miljenko Norsic [http://community.jboss.org/people/mnorsic] created the discussion

"Re: jPBM 5.1, persistent processes get finished without regard to session"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627232#627232

Hi,

I have made a small application to compare persistent and non-persistent processes and event signaling, and it it is obvious that they do not have the same behaviour, even if used on the same code.

Please see attached Eclipse project (you have to add reference to BTM and H2 database driver to make it work, and run "ant start.h2" to run H2 database instance if you use pre-conifigured jBPM5 demo).
In non-persistent scenario (ProcessTestNonPersistent), calling signalEvent on ksession correctly sends signal to process instances for that particular ksession.
At the same time, persistent scenario (ProcessTestPersistent) fails down with a NullPointerException:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl.setProcess(ProcessInstanceImpl.java:61)
 at org.jbpm.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.readProcessInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:380)
 at org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo.getProcessInstance(ProcessInstanceInfo.java:133)
 at org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.JPAProcessInstanceManager.getProcessInstance(JPAProcessInstanceManager.java:64)

I think both scenarios should behave the same way, regardless of applied persistence strategy.

Thanks,
Miljenko