[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: FullGC at start-up even before application deployment?

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 21 10:37:09 EDT 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: FullGC at start-up even before application deployment?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627812#627812

As "Radoslav Husar" mentioned there might be a explicit GC request from a deployed app (avoid with -XX:-DisableExplicitGC).
If not there is no exact point how a FullGC happen, it's a decision of the JVM depend on memory consumption of the different spaces and the frequence of minor GC.
Maybe jstat gives a hint (see oracle jstat documentation).
It might disapear with a new JVM version.

In other words I don't know exactly and if it do not disturb my application, e.g. happen very often, I don't care about  ;)

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]