[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jPBM 5.1, persistent processes get finished without regard to session

Jordi Alvarez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 26 12:58:14 EDT 2011

Jordi Alvarez [http://community.jboss.org/people/jordi_alvarez] created the discussion

"Re: jPBM 5.1, persistent processes get finished without regard to session"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/628591#628591

Hello, just to add a bit of information to this topic, we detected the same problem in a slightly different situation for a previous version of jBPM (in fact Drools Flow 5.1).

The situation also leads to a confussion of sessions and processes, and is described here:

 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/26332 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/26332

We make use of state nodes in our processes, and have a part of process information that is stored in drools-facts. So, we need that our processes live in the corresponding session. Additionally, we make extensive use of timers, which forces us to have a blocking mechanism (which we have implemented based on the identifier of the session).

So, we need that processes live inside stateful sessions. We opened a JIRA issue related to this problem:

 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3108 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3108

In the meantime, we have patched drools flow 5.1 in order to have processes attached to stateful sessions (as explained in previous links).

greetings,
Jordi Alvarez