[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Best practices for openshift express and tools

Scott Stark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 26 17:42:01 EDT 2011

Scott Stark [http://community.jboss.org/people/starksm64] created the discussion

"Re: Best practices for openshift express and tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/628642#628642

> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>

> 2. "dual notion for the jboss as 7 runtime" -> create two servers, one for local, the other for the PAAS view. That's what they are there for.
>
> Beyond that standalone.xml configuration/editing is not something we have looked into yet - mainly because it was expected the Web/CLI console would be used to manage it and until now AS (pre AS 7) config files have been changing so often that it was hard to support well.
>
> We could add some xml transformations into this but would be greater if there was someway we could actually use the management API against these xml files without having to start an AS 7 on them.
The problem I seemed to be having was using the .openshift/config/standalone.xml as the remote server configuration. I'll take another stab at it and see where I was running into a problem. I agree that exposing this file really is not the best admin api for trying to manage the deployment's environment.