[jboss-user] [jBPM] - NullPointer for appScopedEntityManager when calling ksession.dispose(); in the startProcess method in PersistentProcessManager.java

Darryl Youngblood do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 29 06:48:13 EDT 2011

Darryl Youngblood [http://community.jboss.org/people/d.y.] created the discussion

"NullPointer for appScopedEntityManager when calling ksession.dispose(); in the startProcess method in PersistentProcessManager.java"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/629051#629051

Hey guys,

I tried to adapt Salaboys turorial "04-jBPM5-PersistentEmergencyServiceProcess" to my testcase. I managed to run the test with the InMemoryProcessManager but when i try it with the PersistentProcessManager i get a NullPointer for the "appScopedEntityManager" when the "ksession.dispose();" in the "startProcess()" method in "PersistentProcessManager.java" is called.

May you have general tips of what i should be aware of or have you encountered a similar error and can tell me how you solved that?

If needed I can also provide some code.