[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Port 80 appearing in the address bar for some browser versions

wenin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 29 13:16:07 EDT 2011

wenin [http://community.jboss.org/people/wenin] created the discussion

"Port 80 appearing in the address bar for some browser versions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/629401#629401

I have a client that is running their site on JBoss 4.0.5.

They are experiencing a problem where when users navigate their site, port 80 will appear within their URLs.  This is not happening with all browsers, or versions.  It is happening on enough platforms that I would have thought that if it was a browser issue that it would be more reported.  I have found nothing on the net to lead me to believe that this is a common issue.  Through some testing, we have been able to identify that this is only happening with certain versions of a browser.

Example
Safari 5.03 - Has the problem
Safari 5.1 - Upgrade to this version, problem goes away.

I'm wondering if there is any JBoss configuration setting that could be inducing this issue.  Thoughts?