[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: persisted stateful sessions and knowledge base changes

Jordi Alvarez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 30 06:57:00 EDT 2011

Jordi Alvarez [http://community.jboss.org/people/jordi_alvarez] created the discussion

"Re: persisted stateful sessions and knowledge base changes"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/629532#629532

Hi Demian,

we are still working on the solution. In our situation, and at this moment, we are deploying a new knowledge base every time we perform changes to it. This means that in an initial time we have KB0, for which some sessions were created; and later, we deploy a knowledge base KB1 (which is, in fact, an evolution of KB0).

The KnowledgeAgent allowed us to migrate sessions online. That is, loading KB0 sessions with KB0, and then applying a delta that evolves KB0 into KB1. The sessions associated to KB0 exhibit then the behaviour corresponding to KB1. We are also able to persist those sessions.

But we have not succeeded in reloading them after the migration has been performed when KB1 is loaded from scratch.

After a while investigating in that direction, we have abandoned it, and started working in other directions (which includes looking into the concrete way drools sessions are persisted).

So, any useful information regarding migration of persisted sessions will be highly appreciated.

regards,
Jordi Alvarez