[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: target/project.war different from project.war that is Run On Server

Rob Stryker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 2 23:11:31 EDT 2012

Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: target/project.war different from project.war that is Run On Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727880#727880

> I assume that what gets deployed uses the pom to build the app, is that true?

The toolset itself does not necessarily use pom.xml at all.  If you have m2e installed only, then it will not use pom.xml at all. It uses a file in {your.project}/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component     which is an xml file driving the server deployment model.  It maps folders that should be included in the deployment among other things.

m2e-wtp is another add-on which I assume you are using. This file tries to make the component.xml file match the behaviour of pom.xml as closely as possible.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]