[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBoss5.1 and HTTPS webservice client

dario novakovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 06:25:17 EDT 2012

dario novakovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/ndario] created the discussion

"JBoss5.1 and HTTPS webservice client"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/728865#728865

Hello,

I created WS client which is OK for HTTP but in production it needs to run through HTTPS.

Setting system propoerties (-Djavax.net.ssl.trust...) is not an option!

I created custom socket factory which reads my truststore and *it works as standalone app*. I configure custom socketFactory like this:

((BindingProvider)port).getRequestContext().put("com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.https.client.SSLSocketFactory", new MySocketFactory());

However, when i deploy to JBoss5.1 i get SSLHandshakeException which means that MySocketFactory and my truststore are not used.

I also tried
put("org.jboss.ws.socketFactory", PaymentsSocketFactory.class.getName());

(from  https://community.jboss.org/thread/164188 https://community.jboss.org/thread/164188)
but it doesn't help.

I use
Version: jbossws-native-3.1.2.GA
Build: 200905081542

Is there any way I can setup WS client in JBoss to use my own truststore when setting up HTTPS for WS call?

Thank you!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]