[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBOSS-WS client timestamp verification

Ken Barnes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 13:21:13 EDT 2012

Ken Barnes [https://community.jboss.org/people/kenbarnes] created the discussion

"JBOSS-WS client timestamp verification"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/728952#728952

I am using jbossws-native-3.1.2  and have a web service (SERVICE A) with ws-security for a timestamp on jboss running 5.1.0.GA.  I can use soapUI and hit the service with the required settings and all works. I also have anther web service (SERVICE B) deployment in another jboss container that makes a client connection to SERVICE A.  When I use SOAP to call SERVICE B and it attempts to make the call to A, the call goes out and returns with a valid soap envelope but gets a WSSecurityException: Invalid timestamp, message claimed to be created after now because SERVICE A's server is a minute faster.

SERVICE A jboss-wsse-server.xml

<jboss-ws-security xmlns=" http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/config http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/config"
                         xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                         xsi:schemaLocation=" http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/config http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/config
                          http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/schema/jboss-ws-security_1_0.xsd http://www.jboss.com/ws-security/schema/jboss-ws-security_1_0.xsd">
     <timestamp-verification createdTolerance="300000" warnCreated="false" expiresTolerance="300000" warnExpires="false" />
     <config>
        <timestamp ttl="30000"/>
        <requires/>
     </config>
   </jboss-ws-security>

I am not specifying any constaints on the client jboss that makes the call to A, but it is verifying the timestamp anyway. Are there any settings on the server to give
it a tolerance for the client like I did the server (the actual jboss).  Would It be in $JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deployers\jbossws.deployer?
Thanks

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]