[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Install JBPM Console into an existing JBoss 7 installation?

Brad Babb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 02:13:04 EDT 2012

Brad Babb [https://community.jboss.org/people/bbabb] created the discussion

"Install JBPM Console into an existing JBoss 7 installation?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/729046#729046

I've been looking for information around how to take the download artifacts from the jBPM download site (located at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.2.0.Final/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.2.0.Final/) and install the jbpm-console into an existing JBoss 7.1.1 installation.

Is there no documenation out there about how to install and configure the console on an existing JBoss installation?

There is documenation on how to use the installer, and there are individual artifacts for download but no "offical" documentation about how configure them.  I've seen quite a bit of blogs and entries in the forums about picking out bits and pieces from the installer and tracking down errors in the logs to eventually get things up and running, but it seems like it would be useful to have a "from scratch" install and configuration guide for the console.

What secruity domains to I need to add to an existing JBoss installation, how to I add users, etc...

I don't know if I've missed something, and I've playing around for a few weeks trying to get the console (in-conjuction with Guvnor and the designer) integrated into an existing JBoss application with minimal success.

I have a development environment and an existing JBoss server for my other development projects, do I really need to download another complete development environment to use the jBPM console effectively.  I see the usefullness of having a complete environment for demo and test driving the environment, but once you want to start using the project in a real environment, it get frustrating.