[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer

Darshan Pandhi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 06:06:06 EDT 2012

Darshan Pandhi [https://community.jboss.org/people/darshan.pandhi] created the discussion

"Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/730778#730778

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to have custom work item editors in the web designer?
As in for eg. just the way the Email service task has an item editor in Eclipse, can we have a similar Email item editor in the web designer.
Also can we define our own item editors separately for different service task nodes?

Also, can we have a drop down as a parameter for a custom service task, where in the values in the drop down are populated from a Database.
As in for eg. if i want the list of available mail servers while configuring the Email service task in a drop down as a parameter, and the list of available mail servers should be populated from a database. Is it possible to have this functionality?

Following is my work env:
JBPM 5.2
JBPM Web Designer 2.1
JBoss AS7