[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Defining Processes Using the Process API

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 14:59:03 EDT 2012

Mauricio Salatino [https://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: Defining Processes Using the Process API"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/731157#731157

Hi Justin,
Yes as I mention in stack overflow, you have an API inside jBPM5 to create processes, but that's usually not recommended because you will loose a very importnat part of using business processes that is the process diagram that can be validated by business people. That's why BPMN2, the spec, doesn't define an API and it just define a technical representation (in xml) of our process diagrams.
As I mention, there is an API that you can use to create processes, but is not so up to date. If you want to use it try it and report what is missing so we can update it.
Cheers