[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - Is optimistic-entity an inappropriate configuration for a Hibernate 2nd level cache configuration?

Tom Muldoon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 09:53:47 EDT 2012

Tom Muldoon [https://community.jboss.org/people/tmuldo] created the discussion

"Is optimistic-entity an inappropriate configuration for a Hibernate 2nd level cache configuration?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/731346#731346

After upgrading jgroups from 2.5.1 to 2.7.0GA, we encountered ClassNotFoundExceptions that we tracked down to class loader issues between swarmcache (our Hibernate 2^nd^ level cache provider) and jgroups. To make a long story short, we’re now attempting a cut over to jboss cache.

Some specifics…

JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA
hibernate-jbosscache2-3.3.1.GA
jbosscache-core 3.2.5GA

With that said, here’s my hibernate configuration in which we ran into DataVersioningExceptions with queries…

{code:xml}
<property name=+"hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache"+ value=+"true"+ />
<property name=+"hibernate.cache.use_query_cache"+ value=+"true"+ />
<property name=+"hibernate.cache.region.jbc2.query.localonly"+ value=+"true"+ />
<property name=+"hibernate.cache.region.factory_class"+ value=+"org.hibernate.cache.jbc2.MultiplexedJBossCacheRegionFactory"+ />
<property name=+"hibernate.cache.region_prefix"+ value=+"hibernate.firstbest"+ />
{code}

Is optimistic-entity an inappropriate configuration for a Hibernate 2^nd^ level cache configuration? Assuming so, how do we deal with the DataVersioningExceptions? Is mvcc-entity a more appropriate configuration?

Sincerely, Tom

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]