[jboss-user] [Javassist] - What's the difference between the Maven and direct-download Javassist JARs

David Moles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 13:11:50 EDT 2012

David Moles [https://community.jboss.org/people/dmoles] created the discussion

"What's the difference between the Maven and direct-download Javassist JARs"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/731394#731394

I've noticed that about 10% of the classes in javassist-3.14.0-GA.jar from Maven differ from those in javassist.jar from javassist-3.14.0-GA.zip. Specifically the classes below. Can anyone tell me what the differences are and why?

javassist/ClassPool$1.class
javassist/CtClass$1.class
javassist/JarDirClassPath$1.class
javassist/SerialVersionUID$1.class
javassist/SerialVersionUID$2.class
javassist/SerialVersionUID$3.class
javassist/bytecode/CodeIterator$Switcher.class
javassist/bytecode/Descriptor$PrettyPrinter.class
javassist/bytecode/Descriptor.class
javassist/bytecode/analysis/Executor.class
javassist/bytecode/analysis/FramePrinter.class
javassist/compiler/CodeGen$1.class
javassist/compiler/CodeGen.class
javassist/compiler/Javac$1.class
javassist/compiler/Javac$2.class
javassist/compiler/Javac$3.class
javassist/compiler/Lex.class
javassist/compiler/MemberResolver.class
javassist/compiler/Parser.class
javassist/compiler/TypeChecker.class
javassist/compiler/ast/ASTList.class
javassist/util/HotSwapper$1.class
javassist/util/proxy/ProxyFactory$1.class
javassist/util/proxy/ProxyFactory$2.class
javassist/util/proxy/RuntimeSupport.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$1.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$2.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$3.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$4.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$5.class
javassist/util/proxy/SecurityActions$6.class
javassist/util/proxy/SerializedProxy$1.class

Start a new discussion in Javassist at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2062]