[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss 5.1.0-GA CacheManager is NULL when trying to get from JNDI

vadimk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 16:52:10 EDT 2012

vadimk [https://community.jboss.org/people/vadimk] created the discussion

"JBoss 5.1.0-GA CacheManager is NULL when trying to get from JNDI"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/731429#731429

I'm trying to setup our application to run in Cluster, so we need to convert local cache to a distributed cache.
I'm trying to use JBossCache available in the "ALL" deployment profile.
Documentation is pretty straight forward and I was able to add my custom cache to jboss-cache-manager-jboss-beans.xml file and even "eagerStarted" it.

When I go to JMX Console I can see CacheManager and my own custom cache started successfully.

The problem is that when I try to get CacheManager in my service from JNDI as ctx.lookup("java:CacheManager") it returns null. I'm not getting NamingException, just null.

If I use CacheManagerLocator, which does the same thing under the covers, it throws IllegalStateException: CacheManager not found.

I looked at many different posts and tried their suggestions, such as
-moving my application to deploy.last folder
-adding <depends>CacheManager</depends> to jboss-web.xml

Nothing works....

I'm running JBoss 5.1.0GA on Windows 7 64bit machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Vadim

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]