[jboss-user] JBoss 7 with Eclipse indigo problem on Linux

Flavio fbcyborg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:52:34 EDT 2012

Hello,

I need help to solve a problem with jboss startup in Eclipse.
I've already seen these links:
1) https://community.jboss.org/message/557420
2) https://community.jboss.org/message/204014
3) https://community.jboss.org/thread/171123

and many more, but I couldn't find a solution yet.

The problem is that when I start JBoss in Eclipse it stucks
in [Starting, Synchronized] status for a long time and
finally a popup appears. It says that it waited for 450 seconds
and cannot start, but I think it did, instead.
Actually, if I go to http://127.0.0.1:8080 the JBoss AS
home page appears.

I followed these instructions to set JBoss on my PCs:
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Starting+JBoss+AS+from+Eclipse+with+JBoss+Tools

The strange issue is that I have two machines that are both
configured in the same way and only on machine A (see below),
JBoss in Eclipse works correctly.

Let's make a brief overview of my configurations.

A) Desktop PC configured as it follows

- Gentoo Linux x86_64 kernel 3.3.2
- JBoss AS 7.0.2 Final*
- Eclipse Indigo Service Release 2 Build id: 20120216-1857
	- JBoss Runtime AS Detector 1.3.0
	- JBossAS Tools 2.3.0
- dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.31

*jboss-as-7.1.1.Final doesn't work as well

B) Laptop PC configured as above but the JDK is different:
- dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin-1.7.0.3
Both JBoss AS 7.0.2 Final and 7.1.1 don't work with Eclipse.

This is the log when JBoss starts within Eclipse and keeps
on remain [Starting, Synchronized] up to the popup message:
http://pastebin.com/E0Qz9TbE

On both A and B, if the AS is started by command line seems to
work perfectly. I know this could be an Eclipse plugin issue,
but I really don't understand why JBoss 7.0.2 on machine A
works then. This could mean that the Eclipse plugin is working.

Could somebody help me please?

Cheers,

--
Flavio