[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Using environment variables in persistence.xml for property name/value pairs

Roshan Pradeep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 19:56:16 EDT 2012

Roshan Pradeep [https://community.jboss.org/people/codevally] created the discussion

"Using environment variables in persistence.xml for property name/value pairs"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732272#732272

Hi All

I want to use an environment variable in my persistence.xml for property name/value pairs. I tried, but getting this error from XML parser.

Environment
Windows 7, JBoss 5.1, EJB3

My Change in persistence.xml

<properties>
          <property name="server.nodes" value=${server.host.list}/>
</properties>

run.bat change
set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dserver.host.list=app1,app2,app12"

Error
org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Open quote is expected for attribute "value" associated with an  element type  "property".

Is this possible (parameterize the properties in persistence.xml). Thanks.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]