[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Migration from 4.3 to 5.2

Heiko Tappe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 11:41:09 EDT 2012

Heiko Tappe [https://community.jboss.org/people/tdtappe] created the discussion

"Re: Migration from 4.3 to 5.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732460#732460

In addition to what I said already maybe I should explain in more detail what I like to achieve. Because I would like to know how this should be done with jBPM 5.2 (BPMN).

In my app I create some object (like an order). I then start some process on this object. The process might detect that some further processing is possible (sending an email, print the order, etc). So it's done. But sometimes for further processing some conditions have to meet. Then the process has to wait until the conditions are fulfilled. As the objects (the orders) can be edited in the app at every time I want to notify the process after a modification to check for further processing. If further processing is possible the process proceeds until the next condition has to be fulfilled (or the process ends).
This worked fine with jBPM 4.3 working with state nodes and decisions. After each modification I signaled the process (with a null signal). The process then checked whether a further processing was possible or it stayed in "wait mode".