[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM as a service to existing Websphere web app?

nwhiteside do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 12:42:50 EDT 2012

nwhiteside [https://community.jboss.org/people/nwhiteside] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM as a service to existing Websphere web app?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732474#732474

Rather than embedd jBPM in an existing application, is it possible to have it run in its own jvm/app instance -- and hook existing apps into it using web services (or something?)

I have two existing applications that the client isn't keen to rewrite, but wants to orchestrate flows across both; so I was thinking of hooking both into jBPM using web service calls or something similar, to provide updates to the overall flow, while retaining the UI in the original apps.

Then as phase 2 potentially move the UI (forms) up into jBPM, but have it call down into the existing apps service layers to do existing back end transactions, etc

Is this do-able?   Realistically?   Downside?

Thanks.