[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM as a service to existing Websphere web app?

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 01:25:08 EDT 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM as a service to existing Websphere web app?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732574#732574

So, if I understood your case correctly you would like to have jBPM exposed as a service that will be a middle man for these two systems that could perform operations based on data given from either of these systems, correct? If so, that is definitely doable and in my opinion sounds like a good transition plan.
For simple (string based) invocations you could use jbpm-console-server web app that exposes REST interface with basic engine operations, like start process, signal process, etc but for more advanced interfaces you would need to create your own service layer which I believe is not an issue. Due to jBPM pluggable architecture there are almost no limitations on what you could use (in java world).

HTH