[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM5 - Using Signal Events with sub-processes.

borta_galen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 09:41:34 EDT 2012

borta_galen [https://community.jboss.org/people/borta_galen] created the discussion

"JBPM5 - Using Signal Events with sub-processes."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732699#732699

Hi guys,

I have a simple workflow that contains a sub-process. I have a signal event attached to the sub-process which I plan to signal externally,

However, when I attempt to signal the event within eclipse using ksession.signalEvent("SignalProceed", *null*); nothing is happening and the process is not moving on.

I have searched around and can not find much / if any information or examples of how to invoke events attached to sub-processes,

I’ve attached my BPMN2 file and am invoking the process via Eclipse using:

*public* *void* test_SignalSubProcess() *throws* Exception {

             KnowledgeBase kbase = createKnowledgeBase("TR_SignalSubProcess.bpmn2");
                  StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = createKnowledgeSession(kbase);

 ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("defaultPackage.TR_SignalSubProcessTest", buildParameters());
 ksession.signalEvent("SignalProceed", *null*);

 +assertTrue+(processInstance.getState() == ProcessInstance.+STATE_COMPLETED+);

       }

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks  - Tom