[jboss-user] [jBPM] - SOA suite comparison - why should I choose Jboss?

over_the_bit_stair do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 28 17:29:11 EDT 2012

over_the_bit_stair [https://community.jboss.org/people/over_the_bit_stair] created the discussion

"SOA suite comparison - why should I choose Jboss?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732834#732834

Hello to all the members of the JBoss community: it's nice to meet you, after having met one of your members at an event: he was polite and aswered all my questions (even if they were not related to the event). I'm sure here I can breathe the same air and find reliable people  :) .
I was looking for a general JBoss SOA Suite community, but I did not find it, so please redirect me if I posted in the wrong place.
My first question here is about a research I'm making these days: I must choose among open-source Software Oriented Architectures, and it seems to me the three complete platforms (they have all the pieces I need) are:
* +*Jboss SOA Suite*+ -->  http://www.redhat.com/products/jbossenterprisemiddleware/soa/ http://www.redhat.com/products/jbossenterprisemiddleware/soa/
* +*Apache*+ (it's not a suite but they have all the fundamental pieces)
* +*WSO2 SOA Suite*+ -->  http://wso2.com/products/platforms http://wso2.com/products/platforms
My conclusion on these platforms are that:
* +*JBoss*+ is backed by a *big and active community (in which I'm gladly posting now)*, and it is the first I've heard of. The only downside I found is that its *ESB cannot match services' multiple endpoints* - in other words it matches only one endpoint per service;
* +*Apache*+ has a *great community* too, and has *Tuscany SCA (Service Component Architecture)*[ http://tuscany.apache.org/ http://tuscany.apache.org/] - WSO2 and JBoss do not have a SCA middleware (tell me if I'm wrong here);
* +*WSO2*+ has a *complete suite* (it seems it has all SOA's middleware pieces) except for the SCA. Here the downside is that *the community is only of 350 members* - they declare that they've joined Apache projects, but I don't think Apache community supports directly their products.

If my research brought me to incorrect conclusion, tell me where I've misunderstood something, and if you think it's incomplete and there are alternative that need to be taken into account it will be much useful to know which they are. I did not mention single pieces (like Bonita's BPM [http://www.bonitasoft.com/], for instance) because I think building up an SOA would be easier if I start with a suite and then I change some pieces. If you think it's not the correct approach, I'll be glad to take into consideration any alternative you're going to show me.
----
Here are the pieces I did not found on the platforms:
* +*Jboss*+: Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), Service Component Architecture (SCA) WSO2: SCA: +if you can suggest me alternatives or ideas to overcome this limits, your feedback will be fundamental.+
* +*Apache*+: development tool (maybe Eclipse should be used), Business Process Management (BPM), Business Rules, Registry
* +*WSO2*+: SCA.
----
+This question is a general community-independent question. Here I would like to ask you in particular *which are the reasons because of which I should choose JBoss as the solution of my problem* - I will consider any point: technical, community-related or human.+
Thanks in advance to everyone,
I hope we'll find occasions to collaborate and creating something new (and great as well  :p ),
+someone who's still learning+