[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: Maximum Database connection issue in JBoss 5.1

Anil Mathew do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 20:37:46 EDT 2012

Anil Mathew [https://community.jboss.org/people/amathewjboss1] created the discussion

"Re: Maximum Database connection issue in JBoss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/733101#733101

Thank You so much for the response.

The main problem is what you mentioned above. i.e when this issue happens we DO NOT have 4*275 concurrent request (clients). This is why i really can't figure out how we are reaching this maximum "in use connection count".

We don't have a <blocking-timeout-millis> entry in the ds file, which means it is using the default (i.e 30 seconds).

We did 2 of the above which you mentioned as a workaround. i.e added more jboss instances, limited the number of web sessions. These changes did in fact improved our situation but we still reach the "maximum in use connection count".

Also i wanted to share this link with you - - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-4047. I got this as a reply for my posting.

Like it is mentioned in the above Jboss URL:

“The PooledInvokerProxy lock is held while getting an available connection from the pool and while the connection is tested. If the connection is to a local (machine) process, it may not take long for the server ACK to arrive. If the connection is to a remote (machine) process, it could take longer depending on network latency (especially if a wan is between tiers). “

My thought is that when the ACK server call (since we are using PooledInvoker) isslow, many threads will wait for a connection.

Again thanks for your time.

Anil Mathew

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]