[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Passivation error caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.wsf.spi.serviceref.ServiceRefMetaData

Jochen H do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 02:41:57 EDT 2012

Jochen H [https://community.jboss.org/people/Jochus] created the discussion

"Re: Passivation error caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.wsf.spi.serviceref.ServiceRefMetaData"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/752307#752307

I checked out the source code of JBoss Serialization and I've attached the code to my JBoss installation.
Problem seems to be related to a property ResourceBundle which is in my OneaSessionBean. Passivation fails on this property, because this object cannot be serialized ( http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html). When I mark it as "transient", the problem seems to be resolved!

If you want to know how I got to this solution, please read the following blogpost:  http://www.jochus.be/site/2012-08-06/java/debugging-passivation-errors-in-jboss http://www.jochus.be/site/2012-08-06/java/debugging-passivation-errors-in-jboss

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]