[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Eclipse: problem installing EGit and JBoss Tools

abdull do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 08:31:54 EDT 2012

abdull [https://community.jboss.org/people/abdull] created the discussion

"Re: Eclipse: problem installing EGit and JBoss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/752374#752374

Hi André and Max,
thanks for your quick replies.

Yes, JBoss Tools' EGit 1.x version is working for me and for the time being it works smoothly with my OpenShift development workflow.
But from my Eclipse experience, sooner or later, I expect problems creeping in my Eclipse installation when sticking with this older version:
Other plugins may expect an EGit version greater or equal to EGit 2.0. E.g., imagine some testing framework Eclipse plugin depending on EGit 2.0. Now I will have to decide, "do I stick to JBoss Tools, or do I drop JBoss Tools for having the testing framework plugin work?"

As much as I'm aware of, the JBoss Tools don't participate in the yearly synchronized Eclipse release train.  http://www.eclipse.org/juno/projects.php EGit for instance is part of the Eclipse release train. Maybe my issue is one reason for hopping on the release train too?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]