[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Hibernate tools for Hibernate 4.x

Marcel Stör do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 15:30:30 EDT 2012

Marcel Stör [https://community.jboss.org/people/marcelstoer] created the discussion

"Re: Hibernate tools for Hibernate 4.x"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/753408#753408

Better late than never they say...
> yes, you should be able to use trunk on github - fixing the lack of proper tags in the master repo this week so stay tuned.

I added my hand-woven 4.0.0 tools SNAPSHOT to the hibernate3-maven-plugin and experienced the described the Ant issues. I don't think this is a use case you actually test. Why should you..once tools 4.0.0 is out the Maven plugin maintainer(s) have to take of that. IMO there's little hope, though. Never got any feedback to the post I sent to their mailing list.

We use the  http://usertype.sourceforge.net/ Usertype library to map Joda Time data types via Hibernate (it's also JSR-310 compliant). It provides several implementations of org.hibernate.integrator.spi.Integrator. The relevant abstract class is AbstractUserTypeHibernateIntegrator (http://usertype.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/usertype/tags/usertype.parent-3.0.0.CR3/usertype.spi/src/main/java/org/jadira/usertype/spi/shared/AbstractUserTypeHibernateIntegrator.java?revision=280&view=markup) (
autoRegisterUsertypes()). The relevant sub class that provides implementations of getUserTypes() and getCompositeUserTypes() is UserTypeJodaTimeHibernateIntegrator (http://usertype.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/usertype/tags/usertype.parent-3.0.0.CR3/usertype.core/src/main/java/org/jadira/usertype/dateandtime/joda/integrator/UserTypeJodaTimeHibernateIntegrator.java?revision=280&view=markup).

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]