[jboss-user] [jBPM] - UserGroupCallback mistakes user and group ID?

Katarzyna Bylec do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 17:29:33 EDT 2012

Katarzyna Bylec [https://community.jboss.org/people/katis] created the discussion

"UserGroupCallback mistakes user and group ID?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/754946#754946

Hi all,

I've implemented my own UserGroupCallback that I use with Local Human Service. Everything works just fine - apart from when I have user and group with the same IDs.

The case is as follows: I have a process with step X assigned to group with ID=Y. Then I ask for steps of user whose ID is Y with this methid "taskService.getTasksAssignedAsPotentialOwner( userId.toString(), groups, LANGUAGE);". Value of parameter "groups" are groups user Y belongs to (and group with ID=Y is NOT among them). The problem is I get step Y in return. Am I missing something or is it jBPM bug?

I am using jBPM 5.4 Snapshot.

My UserGroupCallback implementation is really dummy - as whole logic is outside of it:
public class DummyUserGroupCallback implements org.jbpm.task.identity.UserGroupCallback {

          @Override
          public boolean existsGroup(String arg0) {
                    return true;
          }

          @Override
          public boolean existsUser(String arg0) {
                    return true;
          }

          @Override
          public List<String> getGroupsForUser(String arg0, List<String> arg1,
                              List<String> arg2) {
                    return arg1;
          }

}