[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss Developer Studio 5 - console log output gone with "Run as Java Application" and using org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

b.b. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 19:05:12 EDT 2012

b.b. [https://community.jboss.org/people/b.b.] created the discussion

"JBoss Developer Studio 5 - console log output gone with "Run as Java Application" and using org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/755247#755247

Hi,
since using JBoss Developer Studio 5 the console log output is gone when running a class with "Run as Java Application" and using org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.

The log output appeares fine when using org.apache.log4j.Logger.

Since I like to test code behavior with simply running a Java class and watching the log4j output on the console window of JBoss Developer Studio im missing this feature dearly.

How come this worked fine in JBoss Developer Studio 4?

I would not like to change all loggers in all classes to org.apache.log4j.Logger instead of utilizing the open org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.

All necessaryties are in place (e.g. log4j.properties on the classpath), I also tried with commons-logging.properties, no result.

Regards, b.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]