[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Virtual Directory Mapping on JBoss

gazer1912 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 03:27:15 EDT 2012

gazer1912 [https://community.jboss.org/people/gazer1912] created the discussion

"Virtual Directory Mapping on JBoss"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/755309#755309

Hey Guys, I'm kinda a newbie on JBoss. I'd like to apply a virtual directory mapping on my JBoss server.

I understand on Tomcat we can create a  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html multi layer context path e.g $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/foo#bar.xml with the content having <Context docBase="/var/www/fileserv" />. This means calling http://localhost:8080/foo/bar/picture1.jpg would actually opens the file inside /var/www/fileserv/picture1.jpg.

I apply this on JBoss with the understanding it will behave the same based on  http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/guides/webguide/r2/en/html/ch03.html here. But the mapping doesn't seem to work. It did work if I put the <Context docBase="..."/> inside server.xml in the <Host>, but I'm just curious whether it's possible to configure the multi layer context in JBoss the same way like in Tomcat (using contextroot#folder.xml)

Has anybody experienced this before? Thank you.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]