[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: View History Log inside jBPM Console...

Franck cdsosi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 03:57:23 EDT 2012

Franck cdsosi [https://community.jboss.org/people/cdsosi] created the discussion

"Re: View History Log inside jBPM Console..."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/756076#756076

Hi Maciej,

I thought having read in user documentation that it was possible to access History Log through jBPM console but it seems that I made a quick shortcut !
Let me explain why : when you read 5.3.0 User documentation you have many screenshots of the jBPM console (12.2.1.1. Inspecting process definitions and in Figure 3.2 of 3.5. 10-Minute Tutorial: Using the jBPM Console) where you can see under the "Processes" Section that there are two options :
Process Overview and another one above named "Execution History". I replaced Execution History by History Log.
Btw some new questions coming next :

1- So How this "Execution History" can be available through jbpm console ?
2- What kind of information is rendered with this Execution History?

3- If History Log and Execution History are different, don't you think it would a good enhancement for jBPM console to allow users (may be administrator only) to be able to access to Processes Runtime Informations : in other words displaying informations of the DB Tables PROCESSINSTANCELOG, NODEINSTANCELOG, VARIABLEINSTANCELOG?

4- The other approach/option you suggest is to make personal special reports with birt as stated in 12.2.3 User documentation, is that correct?
Is there any other documentation describing with a bit more details how to achieve that?

Thanks again for helping  ;)

King Regards.