[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Exception when trying to use email service jbpm5.3

Sameer K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 06:04:35 EDT 2012

Sameer K [https://community.jboss.org/people/0sameerk0] created the discussion

"Exception when trying to use email service jbpm5.3"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/756120#756120

I have a flow as start-->email-->end node.

When i am running the below code in a standalone java file it is working and i am getting mail in mailbox.

EmailWorkItemHandler emailHandler=new EmailWorkItemHandler(smtp, port, "my-emailid-on that smtp","my password");
emailHandler.getConnection().setStartTls(true);
ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Email", emailHandler);

But when i run this in jboss application server then it is throwing an error as below:

*javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: No authentication mechansims supported by both server and client*

I also tried running it in jboss with null username and password

EmailWorkItemHandler emailHandler=new EmailWorkItemHandler(smtp, port,null,null);
emailHandler.getConnection().setStartTls(true);
ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Email", emailHandler);

then it is throwing below error:

*com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Anonymous client does not have permissions to send as this sender*

Pls tell me which username and password should i use and whether i need to do any configuration changes?