[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: java.lang.Error: Undefined operation name <x>, when <x> was removed from interface (wsdl)

Barry Schader do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 19:08:51 EDT 2012

Barry Schader [https://community.jboss.org/people/barryaz1] created the discussion

"Re: java.lang.Error: Undefined operation name <x>,   when <x> was removed from interface (wsdl)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/756309#756309

Well... now I feel foolish...

I was so focused on the WSDL that I failed to notice that I had multiple copies of the client-stubs.jar file containing my generated (by wsconsume) client-side stubs.  These had been generated from the OLD WSDL (including the two methods).  So my service was providing the right WSDL and the right service interface, but my client was expecting an interface with two more methods.

I used a Windows tool called Astrogrep to search every file on my hard drive for the obsolete method name.  It turned up in a LOT of places ... I just kept deleting those files until I hit the jar file and the light went on ....

I'm learning.

Thanks,
Barry

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]