[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: jboss-javaee6-webapp-ear-archetype: Doesn't deploy in Eclipse 4.2

Andy Pickler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 11:11:43 EDT 2012

Andy Pickler [https://community.jboss.org/people/andypickler] created the discussion

"Re: jboss-javaee6-webapp-ear-archetype: Doesn't deploy in Eclipse 4.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/756793#756793

Indeed, that seemed to work just fine.  I can now deploy to JBoss AS 7.1.1 in Eclipse and start/stop the app with the server.

I don't have the "JBoss Central" tab available in Eclipse (maybe because I didn't install *all* of the JBoss Tools plugins in Eclipse), but under Help...Project Examples I was able to find this.  Originally I had used mvn archteype:generate to create the project.  I'm not exactly sure why that didn't work.  I guess it's also possible that the POM modifications I did (Maven best practices like specifying all the plugin versions, adding in the URL to our Artifactory instance, etc) might have caused my problems.  I'll slowly add back in the POM changes from my original project and see if any of that breaks the Eclipse-JBoss app deploy.  Our team *has* to have this working in order to be most productive possible (especially with whatever hot deploy we can get without using JRebel).

Thanks for your help.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]