[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Create Custom Implementation for Human Task WorkItemHandler, Which class I should extend?

Thomas Setiabudi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 2 23:16:21 EST 2012

Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Create Custom Implementation for Human Task WorkItemHandler, Which class I should extend?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/779508#779508

Hi,

I use JBPM5.4 Full installer, my Human Task Server that comes with the installer is using HornetQ.

I have a requirement where I need to get data from other application just before a human task is created. This data will be saved inside the newly created human task.

Currently, my idea is to make a custom implementation for Human Task WorkItemHandler and register it to the console's CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf like this:

[
  Log: new org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.demo.SystemOutWorkItemHandler(),
  Human Task: new my.custom.human.task.CustomHTWorkItemHandler(),
]

My questions are:
1. By doing it this way, will the console use my custom implementation whenever a human task needs to be created?

2. Because I just want to get data before task is created and add that data on the task, that means all the implementation of default Human Task Work Item Handler should be the same, I think I can just extend the existing class, but which one? I got confused to choose which class that I should extend: GenericHTWorkItemHandler? AsyncGenericHTWorkItemHandler? AbstractHTWorkItemHandler? HornetQHTWorkItemHandler? AsyncHornetQHTWorkItemHandler? or maybe some other class?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi