[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss EAP 5.1.2 Logging with multiple EAR files

Benjamin Homan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 10:56:29 EST 2012

Benjamin Homan [https://community.jboss.org/people/bhoman] created the discussion

"JBoss EAP 5.1.2 Logging with multiple EAR files"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/780710#780710

running JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.1.2
I am trying to set up JBoss-log4j.xml.  We are running a project with multiple EAR files.  One for core functionality, Two other independent from each other but dependent on the core.  I want to have each EAR's log file in a separate file. nexus.log, proj-one.log, examples.log.  Also would like one log (called GI_Sysout.log) that contains messages from any EAR but only from a very restricted java project's classes.

When testing only the last defined <category name="org.abc" additivity="true">... gets data.
the JBOSS-log4j.xml is attached

Your thought and suggestions appreciated
thank you
Ben

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]