[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss clustering (domain mode) in JBoss 7 versus clustering in JBoss 5

Willem Noorduin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 04:19:58 EST 2012

Willem Noorduin [https://community.jboss.org/people/willemnoorduin] created the discussion

"JBoss clustering (domain mode) in JBoss 7 versus clustering in JBoss 5"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/783234#783234

We have the following architecture:

1. application1, which is clustered over two different servers and reacheable as (say):  http://www.application1.nl/cluster1/application1 http://www.application1.nl/cluster1/application1
2. application2, which is clustered over two different servers and reacheable as (say):  http://www.application2.nl/cluster2/application2 http://www.application2.nl/cluster2/application2

We have implemented this in JBoss 5 and the upshot is, that the

<snip>

*    ManagerBalancerName cluster1*

*    <Location /application1>*
*          ProxyPass balancer://cluster1/application1 stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid nofailover=On*
*          ProxyPassReverse  balancer://cluster1/application1*
*     </Location*

<snip>

part of the apache vhost www.application1.nl (for example) is matching the *$PROFILE_HOME/deploy/mod-cluster.sar/META-INF/mod-cluster-jboss-beans.xml* part:

<snip>

   <property name="balancer">cluster1</property>

<snip>

of the  *<bean name="HAModClusterService" class="org.jboss.modcluster.ha.HAModClusterService" mode="On Demand">* bean definition.

The same mechanism should also work for JBoss 7 (or JBoss-EAP6), but I haven't found out which parameter to set (for example in the mod-cluster configuration of the slave) [this is a question]. If I just start the node, we see the cluster in the mod_cluster-manager appearing under the first defined virtual host, which I think is a default behaviour.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]