[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named org.jbpm.task

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 28 04:31:25 EST 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named org.jbpm.task"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/785181#785181

Laura, I think this error is caused by mixture of two JPA versions. JBoss AS 7.1.1 uses JPA2 by default, same does jbpm 5.4 installed with jbpm installer. I noticed you still have them deployed there and they are loaded successfully. But in your project you have hibernate 3 which is JPA 1 and the same applies to persistence.xml that you use, it's for version 1.

So I see two options:
1. upgrade your project to use JPA2 and then you don't need to add hibernate jars into your application - this is recommended
2. disable jpa subsystem in the JBoss AS 71.1. so JPA 2 will not get into the way, then you need to remove jbpm applications from the server otherwise many errors will be thrown.

HTH