[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - out of memory - JBoss 4.01 AS with JDK 1.5.

ram k do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 31 10:29:53 EST 2012

ram k [https://community.jboss.org/people/rammy1984] created the discussion

"out of memory - JBoss 4.01 AS with JDK 1.5."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/786866#786866

Hi All

In the project which i work on we receive the out of memory error . I acquired the heap dump by adding the JVM params. I analyzed the heap dump with memory analyzer and i see huge amount of heap is retained by class *org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadWithAttributes*. I can see all my entity objects are added to the ArrayList within that class and its never getting released. We are basically exposing our buisness as web services. Its using XFire and Can someone explain how to proceed on these issues. What will be the next step in the analysis? Any ideas will be really appreciated.

JVM params  specified in run.bat

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms9728m -Xmx9728m -server -Xss192k -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+HeapDumpOnCtrlBreak -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

Please let me know if any details are to be provided.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]