[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - problem getting thread dump while JBoss AS is starting up

Tamal das do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 3 05:33:15 EST 2012

Tamal das [https://community.jboss.org/people/tamal24] created the discussion

"problem getting thread dump while JBoss AS is starting up"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/714249#714249

Hi,

I am newbie in Jboss AS. I need to take the thread dump while Jboss is starting up.

I have consulted the https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ThreadDump (https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12395)

And following the
Signal the JVM to print out a  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12300 StackTrace approach.

Modified the run.sh to put the thread dump on $JBOSS_HOME/server/bin/jboss.trace file.

while server is being started I am doing *ps -ef | grep jboss* to find jboss pid. And then I am doing *kill -3 pid* to print stack trace.
But the stack trace is not coming into jboss.trace file. It only having content same like server.log.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. run.sh and jboss.trace is attached here.

JBoss AS version is 5.1. Java version is 1.6.0_26. OS version is SunOS 5.1

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]