[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Did JBPM 5+ drop jPDL support? Only BPMN?

Jan Uhlir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 3 09:17:23 EST 2012

Jan Uhlir [https://community.jboss.org/people/espinosa_cz] created the discussion

"Re: Did JBPM 5+ drop jPDL support? Only BPMN?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/714303#714303

> Drools and jBPM community join the forces to create a very good project

I hope for the best.

But so far I struggle to create even simple workflow with a wait state. All my process just run throug. No equivalent of jPDL State. There is a "Wait State" on my jBPM plugin palette, but no documentation to it.
Only by examining the model source, i found it maps to intermediateCatchEvent and it expect some Drools expression.
No documentaiton. No explanation. No examples.
I will create a separate issue for it. I put it here just to demonstrate my point.

I created such process in an hour or so when I started to learn jPDL. Hence my resentment.

The best reading is the documentation for Drools Flow. I found out only recently.
And to make it more tricky, last documentation is for Drools Flow version 5.1. I guess because Drools Flow reemerged as jBPM in 5.2+ but with inadequate documentation.
(inadequate = not enough to learn you how to create a workflows except the most trivial)

It seems that I stepped into jBPM5/BPMN with my left foot.

Well, at least the forum is lively and responsive. I have not been so lucky with many other OSS projects.

Cheers
Espinosa