[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBoss WS temp file problem

David Balakirev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 7 10:02:04 EST 2012

David Balakirev [https://community.jboss.org/people/dave00.baxter] created the discussion

"JBoss WS temp file problem"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/714974#714974

Hi JBoss Forum,
Forgive me that i just paste my problem here (from  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9173027/jboss-ws-temp-file-saved-incorrectly stackoverflow):
My problem from yesterday is say sorted. Not solved though.
The the NPE i had was triggered by a FileNotFoundException that was hidden until i switched to TRACE logging (org.jboss.util.xml.JBossEntityResolver)...
So here is the thing: 1.) I'm trying to connect to the webservice from code that is deployed to under JBoss 2.) JBossWs saves the wsdl to the *tmp* folder like this:
file:/home/xxx/dev/XXXX/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/yyy/tmp/jbossws/JBossWS_www.company.xx_99_server_soap.php?wsdl=get8489235369016302536.xsd

3.) And then when it tries to read back the WSDL:
TRACE [org.jboss.util.xml.JBossEntityResolver] Failed to obtain URL.InputStream from systemId: file:/home/xxx/dev/xxx-PAN/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/xxxxxxx/tmp/jbossws/JBossWS_www.comany.xx_99_server_soap.php?wsdl=get8489235369016302536.xsd
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/xxx/dev/xxx-PAN/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/xxxxxxx/tmp/jbossws/JBossWS_www.comany.xx_99_server_soap.php

Obviusly it truncates and then not able to read back...
I guess i would be able to configurate somehow the pattern how it writes it to disk or how it reads it back but i did find the solution (even not from the code of the JBoss class i mentioned). Any ideas would be appreciated.
Many thanks, Dave
*Edit:*
I created a simple test application on the linux server pointig to the same file containing the following code:
URL url = new URL("file:/home/abos/xxx/xxxx/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/xxxxxxx/tmp/jbossws/JBossWS_www.company.xx_99_server_soap.php?wsdl=get8489235369016302536.xsd");
    url.openStream();

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/xxx/dev/xxxx/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/anchorage/tmp/jbossws/JBossWS_www.bdmglobal.xx_99_server_soap.php (No such file or directory)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:70)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:161)
    at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1010)
    at Main.main(Main.java:11)

So here are my conclusions: 1.) Actually it is the URL class that truncates the name 2.) But if it was saved properly it would not be a problem...
So i'm still looking for a way to configure that.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]