[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Cannot start AS 7.1 Final LogManager error

Tanya Ruttenberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 9 14:47:24 EST 2012

Tanya Ruttenberg [https://community.jboss.org/people/daxxy] created the discussion

"Re: Cannot start AS 7.1 Final LogManager error"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/715648#715648

Before I open a bug I decided to straighten out my Jboss Tools installation.  I was updating from both the nightly build site and the stable jboss tools site and things got a little confused. So I figured out finally how to install a stable recent version from Eclipse marketplace (yay) and I still have the problem (boo).

If I understand correctly, there are 2 ways to define a log manager. You can either give a "program argument" like this (remember I'm doing this from within eclipse)

    -logmodule org.jboss.logmanager

OR define it in the "VM arguments"

     -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager

I have tried every combination of those two things, ie neither, just -logmodule, just -Djava.util.logging.manager, both together.  ?

And yet the problem persists.  I would really love to be able to manage my server from within eclipse, but so far it's a no go.
Any other ideas Max, et al?

TDR

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]