[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Adding new workitems without repacking the application ?

Arun V G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 16 07:42:07 EST 2012

Arun V G [https://community.jboss.org/people/arunvg] created the discussion

"Adding new  workitems without repacking the application ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/717125#717125

I am working with creating domain specific processes and followed the example

* Created  work definition in the MVEL format
* Register the workdefinition in the drools.rulebase.conf
* Creating the work item handler
* Registering the workitem hanlder.

And it worked effectively.

Our requirment is to create new work definitions using an editor and save the attribtes of a work definition in a Database so that in future it can be edited or extended

So my questions are

* Can I create a Work definition in any other format other than the MVEL .( I don't want to be a polyglot  :)  )
* Can I register the Work item to the processing engine programatically rather than having the drools.rulebase.conf  file in the class path.

I am not very concerned about the eclipse/web editor as we have plans to develop it in house and we are evaluating jBPM for the processing part.

Any hints would be highly appreciated

Cheers  :)