[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - AS 7.1 configuration in JBoss Tools 3.3 M5 does not autodetect ports

heapifyman heapifyman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 23 07:50:49 EST 2012

heapifyman heapifyman [https://community.jboss.org/people/heapifyman] created the discussion

"AS 7.1 configuration in JBoss Tools 3.3 M5 does not autodetect ports"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/719069#719069

Hi,

I created a new JBoss 7 Server Runtime in Eclipse Indigo (Win7 - 64bit) and in the Server Configuration Window when saving it tells me:
The server cannot be saved for the following reasons:
[Overview] One or more ports have an invalid value. This may adversely affect the tooling's ability to interact with the server.

Both Port settings (management and web) are set to automatic detection and both fields are empty.
When I click the "Configure..." link next to one of the port settings, Ports/JBoss Web shows me the correct 8080, Ports/JBoss Management on the other hand shows me ${jboss.management.native.port:9999}

Server can still be started and stopped without problems though.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]