[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: import org.drools.KnowledgeBaseFactory

Peter PYCC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 25 06:29:21 EST 2012

Peter PYCC [https://community.jboss.org/people/pycc] created the discussion

"Re: import org.drools.KnowledgeBaseFactory"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/719675#719675

Hello, I'm having the same import resolution problem, using a fresh installation from
**http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/helios/* (http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/helios/)*
following the *Help > Install New Software ... >* procedure on eclipse/helios.

Then create the HelloWorld project, while referencing Drools Runtime as C:/ECLIPSE/PLUGINS
That is where the org.drools.eclipse_5.2.1.Final.jar was installed automatically.
In the *package explorer*, I could see this jar, and its contents are packages such as
* org.drools.eclipse.core
* org.drools.eclipse.dsl.editor
* org.drools.eclipse.rulebuilder.*

But the packages referenced in the sample are unfound and gives resolution problems.

Is it possible that the installed package is +fully+ bugged, the helloworld example does not work out of the box ???
Maybe there is a missing package ?

Thanks for any hints !!!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]