[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How do I change the log file output location??

Ken Takahashi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 28 12:57:32 EST 2012

Ken Takahashi [https://community.jboss.org/people/webmonkey8] created the discussion

"How do I change the log file output location??"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/720295#720295

Hello,

how can I change the output location of my log files in JBoss Application Server?

I've read that this can be configured In the "jboss-log4j.xml" file.  I currently have the log files defaulted to: *<param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server.log"/>*

I have 2 physical hard drives on the server.  How can I change the output location to another drive and folder on the same server?  Eg.,  F:\logs
I'm not too sure of the syntax here.

Also, do I need to restart JBoss AS after making this change?

The main reason for wanting to do this is because these logs are growing quite huge and are taking up enormous amounts of disk space on the C: drive.

Attached is the "jboss-log4j.xml" file.

Thanks.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]